There are different types of hydraulic device data. The models differ in design features, production material, and appearance. To make the right choice easier, it is necessary to understand the options for siphon construction solutions.
Pipe. It is usually mounted under the sink in the bathroom. It is not advisable to use a siphon in the kitchen, as it will have to be cleaned very often. Plus tube model: compact and attractive. Externally, they look like a curved tube – this curve creates a water seal.
Normally, the lower knee of this model is removed for cleaning. The minus of the pipe siphon is not a sufficiently deep hydrolock, due to which the water evaporates faster and causes the appearance of a specific odor.
Bottle – the most common option. The rigid design resembles a bottle or a bottle in shape. Siphons of this type have a number of positive qualities:
- the part that usually gets clogged due to poor quality water or drainage is easily unscrewed;
- the siphon is easy to maintain;
- long duration
- water never leaves the water seal completely, so the “bottle” design keeps odors reliably;
- the siphon is equipped with overflow – when the pipes are clogged, the water will not rise beyond the limits set by the system and will not invade the room;
- if small valuables enter the sink, they will remain in the tank – they will be obtained by unscrewing the bottom of the siphon.
The boot model has some drawbacks:
- it is mounted only with standard sewage system pipes as the device has a rigid design;
- under the sink, it takes up a lot of space.
The corrugated siphon is easy to install. The device consists of a release and a corrugated tube on a curved frame.
Advantages of corrugated models:
- the possibility of connecting to the sewer pipeline, placed in a non-standard way;
- easy installation and “moderate” prices;
- considered the cheapest option;
- the installer independently forms a curve for the water intake, preventing unpleasant odors from entering the room through the sink;
- the risk of leakage is minimal, as the pipe has no connection;
- provides high-quality drainage regardless of the distance between the floor and the sink.
Disadvantages of corrugated siphons:
- rapid accumulation of deposits on the inner surface of the tube;
- The corrugated tube eventually loses its strength due to hot water – it is impossible to pour boiling water into the sink with a similar siphon.
When choosing a siphon, you need to follow some tips:
- For a standard shaped sink, it is quite easy to collect a siphon. Exclusive models are better equipped with a siphon that comes with a sink.
- The capacity of the siphon is selected taking into account the water pressure in the pipes and the availability of additional devices connected to the device, the greater the quantity, the greater must be the outlet section. From the purchase of a flat siphon with a small section, in this situation, it will have to be abandoned.
- At the time of purchase, it is necessary to check the parameters of the sink, bathroom, and sink with the parameters of the siphon. Going to the store, it is necessary to measure in advance: the diameter of the drain hole/overflow and the distance from the sewer pipes.