If the drain device starts to leak, there may be several reasons for the malfunction:
- Inadequate installation: an incorrect joining of joints, inclined threads, loose nuts, use of unsuitable gaskets;
- gasket wear – over time, the gaskets harden and shrink, so they start to run the water;
- damage – cracks or chipping.
For repair, it is necessary to install a container to discharge the liquid from below.
- In case of unsatisfactory construction quality, the product must simply be disassembled and assembled correctly.
- In case of clogging, the lower part of the siphon must be unscrewed, then clean the sewer system with a cable or a wire.
- In the place where the drainage flows, the rubber gasket turns into a new one, smeared with Vaseline or liquid soap. In this case, the joints are treated with a sealant.
Hydraulic tips: if it is not possible to buy new gaskets, it is necessary to lubricate the old gaskets with sealant or silicone glue and reinstall them. Water can be released after the material has hardened. This connection will last a few more years.
- A broken siphon should be replaced immediately. If for some reason, this is not possible, you will need epoxy glue and a bandage or fiberglass for repair. The cracked part – a pipe or a flask – is dried, worked with sandpaper and solvent. The adhesive is diluted according to the instructions, applied to the surface of the part, then wrapped with a bandage or a cloth. After solidifying the composition of the device, it is ready for use.
Thanks to the siphon, the drain water goes down into the drain, and the odors from it do not fall into the room. The duration of the device is limited, so it must be modified from time to time. The installation of a new product is a simple operation, for which it is not necessary to call a plumber.
Even a beginner can cope with installing a siphon under a sink or a bathroom without the help of a plumber. In most cases, the constructions of modern siphons are assembled by hand; in rare cases, it is necessary to use a screwdriver.
Considering the functional characteristics of different types of siphons, we give recommendations on the choice of the ligament between the sink and the sewer pipe. Furthermore, we will describe in steps how to correctly install a siphon under the sink, the bathroom, and the washing machine.